Software Engineer C++
Cambridge or Bristol
FocalPoint Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the tech industry and we are on a journey to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones and vehicles. We have created technologies that have rewritten the textbooks on how GPS works and are looking for talented scientists and engineers to join our team to help bring our products to the world.
Location: Bristol / Cambridge, UK
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Type: Permanent - Full-time
Job Reference: FPP/SE7
Our vision is simple: To improve every positioning solution
We believe that technology is one of the marvels of the modern world and here at FocalPoint, we are on a journey to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones, wearables and vehicles.
We draw on our technical expertise and intellectual property to create cutting-edge solutions that aim to solve complex problems and create world impact. Developing algorithms and creating software that challenges the status quo, we are revolutionising positioning and transforming the capability of all GNSS systems worldwide.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our software engineering team and be involved in all aspects of our development activities. You will work with world leading domain experts in the fields of GNSS and Inertial Navigation Systems to develop high quality software.
- Take an important role in the design, development and testing of software.
- Proactively engage with our Agile delivery processes.
- Participate in code reviews processes.
- Apply agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered outcome.
- Support junior engineers in the team.
- 1+ years experience working as a Software Engineer to deliver production software.
- Strong programming skills in C++, including modern C++.
- Experience creating multi-paradigm C++ software designs.
- Experience with modern engineering tools and methods including version control systems and continuous integration systems.
- Experience of building software in mathematical domains e.g. Digital Signals Processing software
- 2+ years experience working as a Software Engineer to deliver software products / projects
- Experience writing software in other languages such as Java, Kotlin or Python
- Experience working in an Agile software engineering team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields.
- Knowledge of distributed computing and network protocols
Your Development and Perks
Your development is equally important as our business growth and we offer opportunities including appraisals, career development plans, training courses, feedback sessions through 1-2-1 meetings, knowledge-sharing and cross-training.
Our generous benefits package includes the following:
- 5% matched contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working (remote working)
- 25 days holiday including bank holidays
- Christmas - New Years off (our operations close over this period)
- BUPA private healthcare
- Bi-annual appraisals and remuneration reviews
- Access to PerksAtWork
- Company Options Scheme
- £2000 Recommend a friend scheme
- Free Friday lunches
- Free fruit deliveries and unlimited amounts of coffee!
Are You Ready to Change the World?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our successes are achievements driven by our employees.
And that is why our culture is about investing, cultivating and growing our people. We thrive on being trailblazers in the industry and in being honest and the best at everything we do, we will always lead the way in the industry.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is what we continue to build upon. We aim to attract diverse talent from around the world, ensure fairness and equality is at the top of our agenda and sustain an inclusive culture where everyone can grow and succeed.
Apply for the job
Send in your application for the Software Engineer C++ role.