Senior GNSS Engineer
Cambridge or Bristol
FocalPoint Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the tech industry and we are on a journey to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones and vehicles. We have created technologies that have rewritten the textbooks on how GPS works and are looking for talented scientists and engineers to join our team to help bring our products to the world.
We are looking for a Senior GNSS Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our GNSS R&D team and help lead the development of our proprietary S-GNSS technology, while having the opportunity to work closely with our software engineers to pull new research through into products for our customers. The role offers significant scope for professional development spanning the research and software engineering disciplines and mentorship of junior staff.
FocalPoint offers competitive benefits packages including flexible working, regular performance and remuneration reviews, BUPA healthcare and workplace pension.
- Design, prototyping, and testing of improvements to FPP’s proprietary S-GNSS technology using Matlab and/or C++
- Help to maintain and enhance the capabilities of FPP’s Matlab-based software-defined GNSS receiver
- Work within a development team as a subject matter expert to pull-through new research into products
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers within the company
- You may be required on occasion to use a variety of programming tools and languages as appropriate: e.g. C, C++, Python, Matlab
- Follow company software engineering practices, including use of version control systems (Git), code review, testing, and adherence to coding standards
- Good undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Relevant PhD or equivalent experience (e.g. 3+ years developing GNSS algorithms in industry)
- Strong programming experience in Matlab or C++
- In-depth knowledge of the full GNSS signal-processing chain
- Expertise in Kalman filters and other probabilistic estimation techniques
- Knowledge of multi-sensor fusion techniques, including tight and deep coupling for GNSS-INS
- Strong programming experience in Matlab and C++
- Experience with low-level embedded software development and testing (DSP).
- Experience in RTK and/or PPP and/or multi-constellation positioning
- Experience with multipath mitigation methods
Are you ready to change the world?
A great company culture whereby our employees learn and develop is our ‘Focal Point.’ We all have different personalities and skills, that’s why we get on so well together and with your skills, we can grow our team. If you are committed, flexible and want to work with some of the most advanced technologies then join us on the journey to takeover the GNSS world!
Apply for the job
Send in your application for the Senior GNSS Engineer role.