Cambridge or Bristol
FocalPoint Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the tech industry and we are on a journey to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones and vehicles. We have created technologies that have rewritten the textbooks on how GPS works and are looking for talented scientists and engineers to join our team to help bring our products to the world.
Our vision is simple:To improve every positioning solution on the planet
We believe that GNSS is one of the marvels of the modern world and here at FocalPoint, we are on a journey to revolutionise positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones, wearables and vehicles.
Our talented employees share our vision and we pride ourselves on offering equal opportunities to all who apply. Our culture is honest, inclusive and encouraging. Our tech is peerless, innovative and in demand.
Backed by some of the largest names in the global tech industry, our teams draw on their technical expertise to build technologies that transform the capability of all GNSS systems worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who will work closely with the VP of Marketing to lead our strategic work streams and deliver products to key clients.
You will be creative, commercially minded and have a solid understanding of our target market. Taking responsibility for the end-to-end product life cycle, you will be ready to hit the ground running and start contributing to our product strategy.
- Act as the key point of contact for product development projects and lead the continuous improvement of their features/services.
- Work closely with our Software/R&D teams to drive product development and ensure our client’s product vision is a constant throughout.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand timeframes and ensure that they are ready to support new features.
- To understand client expectations, manage these and convey skills of resilience and negotiation as/when required.
- Keep up to date on the latest market trends and translate them into a clearly defined and appropriately prioritised product roadmap.
- Actively attend daily stand-up meetings with our development teams.
- Manage, update and prioritise tasks or features from start to finish. You will use Jira as your task management tool.
- Contribute towards the overall product strategy and our products.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects/products to time, cost and quality.
- Understand customer needs and value-drivers, and able to translate them into requirements, features and product specs
- Commercially minded with a proven ability to build a business case, track competitor markets and present to senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in modern user testing, technology product development, and agile project management processes and tools (e.g Google Analytics, Jira).
- Great communicator, able to express complex concepts in simple, understandable way
- Excellent customer/client relationship and negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience obtained as a Product Manager, preferably within the technology or comms sector.
- Proficiency in Agile methodology
- Business-related degree
- Experience working with diverse product portfolios
Your Development and Perks
Our people are the reason why our business continues to thrive.
We lead the way in our industry, we care for our people and we fully support your development.
Our generous benefits package includes:
- 5% matched contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working and remote working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas - New Years off (our operations close over this period)
- BUPA private healthcare (after your six month probationary period)
- Bi-annual appraisals and remuneration reviews
- Access to CharlieHR PerksAtWork
- Company Options Scheme
- £2000 Recommend a friend scheme
Are You Ready to Change the World?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our successes are achievements driven by our employees.
And that is why our culture is about investing, cultivating and growing our people. We thrive on being trailblazers in the industry and in being honest and the best at everything we do, we will always lead the way in the industry.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is what we continue to build upon. We aim to attract diverse talent from around the world, ensure fairness and equality is at the top of our agenda and sustain an inclusive culture where everyone can grow and succeed.
Apply for the job
Send in your application for the Product Manager role.