Principal GNSS Architect
Cambridge or Bristol
FocalPoint Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the tech industry and we are on a journey to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones and vehicles. We have created technologies that have rewritten the textbooks on how GPS works and are looking for talented scientists and engineers to join our team to help bring our products to the world.
We are looking for a Principal GNSS Architect who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our GNSS team and help lead the development of our proprietary S-GNSS technology, while having the opportunity to work closely with our software engineers to pull new research through into products for our customers. The role offers significant scope for professional development spanning the research and software engineering disciplines and mentorship of staff.
- Lead the GNSS architectural design of our products
- Contribute to our S-GNSS technology and product roadmaps
- Direct and assist in the prototyping and testing of our S-GNSS technology using Matlab and C++
- Oversee the enhancement of our Matlab-based software-defined GNSS receiver
- Work with development teams as a subject matter expert
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers within the company
- You may be required on occasion to use a variety of programming tools and languages as appropriate: e.g. C, C++, Python, Matlab
- Follow company software engineering practices, including use of version control systems (Git), code review, testing, and adherence to coding standards
- Good undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Proven academic or industrial experience (e.g. leading the development of GNSS algorithms)
- Strong programming experience in Matlab or C++
- In-depth knowledge of the full GNSS signal-processing chain
- Expertise in Kalman filters and other probabilistic estimation techniques
- Knowledge of multi-sensor fusion techniques, including tight and deep coupling for GNSS-INS
- Strong programming experience in Matlab and C++
- Experience with low-level embedded software development and testing (DSP).
- Experience in RTK and/or PPP and/or multi-constellation positioning
- Experience with multipath mitigation methods
Your Development and Perks
Your development is equally important as our business growth and we offer opportunities including appraisals, career development plans, training courses, feedback sessions through 1-2-1 meetings, knowledge-sharing and cross-training. Our generous benefits package includes the following:
- 5% matched contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working (remote working)
- 25 days holiday including bank holidays
- Christmas - New Years off (our operations close over this period)
- BUPA private healthcare
- Bi-annual appraisals and remuneration reviews
- Access to PerksAtWork
- Company Options Scheme
- £2000 Recommend a friend scheme
- Free Friday lunches
- Free fruit deliveries and unlimited amounts of coffee!
Are You Ready to Change the World?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our successes are achievements driven by our employees.
And that is why our culture is about investing, cultivating and growing our people. We thrive on being trailblazers in the industry and in being honest and the best at everything we do, we will always lead the way in the industry.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is what we continue to build upon. We aim to attract diverse talent from around the world, ensure fairness and equality is at the top of our agenda and sustain an inclusive culture where everyone can grow and succeed.
Apply for the job
Send in your application for the Principal GNSS Architect role.