Graduate Software Engineer - 2020 Applications
Cambridge or Bristol
FocalPoint Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the tech industry and we are on a journey to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones and vehicles. We have created technologies that have rewritten the textbooks on how GPS works and are looking for talented scientists and engineers to join our team to help bring our products to the world.
We are looking for a Graduate Software Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our software engineering team and be involved in all aspects of our development: design, algorithm creation, cloud, Android/iOS, embedded systems. The role offers significant scope for personal development spanning the engineering disciplines.
FocalPoint offers competitive packages including flexible working, regular remuneration and performance reviews, BUPA healthcare and workplace pension.
- Designs, codes, tests, documents, amends and refactors software.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered outcome.
- Participate in our software design, planning and work tracking processes.
- Participates in our code review processes.
- Good undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics or relevant experience.
- Good programming skills in scripting languages (e.g. Python) and systems languages (e.g. C++).
- Familiarity with common data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with UNIX systems and command line tools.
- Experience using version control systems.
- Contribution to open source software projects.
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems e.g. jenkins
- Experience of scientific programming such as signal processing, numerical methods such as optimisation and linear-algebra.
- Experience developing software libraries or APIs for use by other developers.
- An interest in distributed systems, such as Kubernetes.
- Experience of developing using cloud services e.g. Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
Are you ready to change the world?
A great company culture whereby our employees learn and develop is our ‘Focal Point.’ We all have different personalities and skills, that’s why we get on so well together and with your skills, we can grow our team. If you are committed, flexible and want to work with some of the most advanced technologies then join us on the journey to takeover the GNSS world!
Apply for the job
Send in your application for the Graduate Software Engineer - 2020 Applications role.