Graduate Software Engineer - 2020 Applications
Cambridge or Bristol
FocalPoint Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the tech industry and we are on a journey to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones and vehicles. We have created technologies that have rewritten the textbooks on how GPS works and are looking for talented scientists and engineers to join our team to help bring our products to the world.
We are looking for a Graduate Software Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our software engineering team and be involved in all aspects of our development: design, algorithm creation, cloud, Android/iOS, embedded systems. The role offers significant scope for personal development spanning the engineering disciplines.
FocalPoint offers competitive packages including flexible working, regular remuneration and performance reviews, BUPA healthcare and workplace pension.
- Designs, codes, tests, documents, amends and refactors software.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered outcome.
- Participate in our software design, planning and work tracking processes.
- Participates in our code review processes.
- Good undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics or relevant experience.
- Good programming skills in scripting languages (e.g. Python) and systems languages (e.g. C++).
- Familiarity with common data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with UNIX systems and command line tools.
- Experience using version control systems.
- Contribution to open source software projects.
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems e.g. jenkins
- Experience of scientific programming such as signal processing, numerical methods such as optimisation and linear-algebra.
- Experience developing software libraries or APIs for use by other developers.
- An interest in distributed systems, such as Kubernetes.
- Experience of developing using cloud services e.g. Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
Are You Ready to Change the World?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our successes are achievements driven by our employees.
And that is why our culture is about investing, cultivating and growing our people. We thrive on being trailblazers in the industry and in being honest and the best at everything we do, we will always lead the way in the industry.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is what we continue to build upon. We aim to attract diverse talent from around the world, ensure fairness and equality is at the top of our agenda and sustain an inclusive culture where everyone can grow and succeed.
Apply for the job
Send in your application for the Graduate Software Engineer - 2020 Applications role.