Graduate Sensor-Fusion Engineers - 2020 Applications
Cambridge or Bristol
FocalPoint Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the tech industry and we are on a journey to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones and vehicles. We have created technologies that have rewritten the textbooks on how GPS works and are looking for talented scientists and engineers to join our team to help bring our products to the world.
We are looking for a Graduate Sensor-Fusion Engineer/Scientist who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our Sensor-Fusion R&D team and help with the development of our suite of navigation and positioning algorithms, while having the opportunity to work closely with our software engineers to bring new research through into products for our customers. The role offers significant scope for professional development spanning the research and software engineering disciplines.
FocalPoint offers competitive benefits packages including flexible working, regular performance and remuneration reviews, BUPA healthcare and workplace pension.
- Undertake research and development work to enhance our positioning and navigation sensor-fusion technologies
- Work on individual and team projects with guidance from senior engineers
- Regular reporting on the progress of R&D projects
- Work as part of a product development team to help pull new research through into customer products
- Provide technical inputs to help plan the design of our products
- Good undergraduate degree in a relevant field - e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science
- Good programming experience in Matlab or Python
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications or experience (e.g. developing navigation and positioning sensor-fusion algorithms in academia / industry)
- Familiarity with strapdown inertial navigation systems (INS) processing
- Familiarity with multi-sensor fusion techniques, such as loose, tight and deep coupling for GNSS-INS
- Knowledge of estimation techniques, such as Kalman filtering
- Knowledge of signal processing and machine-learning methods
- C++ programming experience
Are you ready to change the world?
A great company culture whereby our employees learn and develop is our ‘Focal Point.’ We all have different personalities and skills, that’s why we get on so well together and with your skills, we can grow our team. If you are committed, flexible and want to work with some of the most advanced technologies then join us on the journey to takeover the GNSS world!
Apply for the job
Send in your application for the Graduate Sensor-Fusion Engineers - 2020 Applications role.